We invite submissions of short papers (5-9 pages, excluding references) or long papers (10-20 pages, excluding references) in the following categories:
- Full research papers: reporting original research results in the area addressed by the workshop. You should report original and finished research, which is based on solid research questions or hypothesis.
- Work-in-progress papers: provide an opportunity to present early ideas and receive feedback on research-in-progress. You should describe original, but unfinished research, which should be based on solid research questions or hypothesis.
- Position papers: raising relevant questions in the workshop area, identifying problems, and providing a glimpse of solution for a given problem and these papers are typically short. Representing a basis for discussion, a position paper does not necessarily need to include solutions to its stated problems.
- Idea papers: exploring the history, successes, and challenges of IS development from a socio-technical perspective. Contrary to position papers, idea papers should provide the in-depth analysis of a problem, review its existing solutions, demonstrate insufficiency of these solutions, and suggest new (not yet evaluated but well argued) solutions.
- Experience reports: presenting challenges encountered in practice, success, and failure stories. An experience report should clearly describe the working context and be focused on the problems and on the lessons learned.
All submissions need to be prepared using the NEW CEUR-ART-Style-2020. Overleaf users can clone the style from https://www.overleaf.com/read/gwhxnqcghhdt. Word and LaTeX templates can be downloaded from http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-XXX/CEURART.zip. Please use the 1-column template for submission.
Initial submission deadline: 16. July 2021Extended submission deadline: 30. July 2021
- Author notification :
20. August 202110th September 2021
- Registration deadline: To be announced
- Camera ready deadline:
24th September 202130th September 2021
- Workshop dates: 14. – 15. October 2021
All deadlines are 23:59 Anywhere on Earth (AoE) (UTC -12).
Papers should be submitted via EasyChair
When submitting please indicate the category of your paper (research/idea/position/experience report).
The link and fee for registration will be posted here soon.
Please don’t forget to press the “submit” button on the last page and note that you require a Google account to register.
The submission deadline for the full papers to be included in the proceedings 24. September 2021.
As with the previous editions of STPIS we are planning to produce online proceedings via CEUR services. CEUR proceedings are indexed by DBLP, Google Scholar, Scopus, CiteSeer/CiteSeerX, etc. For Scandinavian researchers, the publisher is in the Norska systemet rated as level 1 (which is the highest level for the conferences and workshops). The proceedings for the previous editions of STPIS can be found here:
We will organize a special issue in Complex Systems Informatics and Modeling Quarterly where selected papers related to that topic will be invited to be extended and submitted for review to the special issue. These papers will have to pass a double-blind peer review process. More information about the journal is on: https://csimq-journals.rtu.lv. In addition to that, selected papers related to the topic of learning, pedagogy and education will be invited to be extended and submitted to Journal on Efficiency and Responsibility in Education and Science (ERIES Journal). These papers will have to pass a fast-track double-blind peer review process too. More information about the journal is on: www.eriesjournal.com.